Auto Insurance Information
Driving a car comes with much responsibility. Even the safest drivers can experience accidents. Auto insurance can limit potential out-of-pocket costs following a covered accident. Selecting the right policy can be difficult, but the agents at Lalani Insurance Agency are here to help you.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance, or car insurance, is a form of financial protection against car accidents. In exchange for an insurance premium, your insurance carrier agrees to help cover expenses following a covered incident. Most policies entail paying a deductible, an out-of-pocket cost you pay after an accident before insurance helps cover expenses for certain coverages.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance varies among policyholders but tends to include coverages such as the following:
- Liability insurance helps cover claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Bodily injury liability helps cover others’ medical bills (and sometimes deaths).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their car.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck or collision with an object (e.g., a sign or fence).
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for noncollision mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps protect you against loss if an accident is caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) helps cover accident-related injury expenses and lost wages for you and your passengers, regardless of who is at fault.
For additional information on coverage options, contact Lalani Insurance Agency.
How Expensive Is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is generally dependent on factors related to the policyholder. Information such as your claims history and driving record often help your insurance provider calculate your insurance premium.
If you are a car owner near Sugar Land, Texas, the dedicated agents at Lalani Insurance Agency can help you learn about potential auto insurance policies to assist you in deciding on the right coverage for you and your vehicle.
Learn more by contacting our agency today at 832-810-0210.