We all love to save money, especially on insurance. So, how can you save on renters insurance? It's actually very easy. Just follow these six easy tips to start saving money every month.
- Be accurate when valuing what you own. It might be tempting to overvalue your property, but that will only raise your rates and won’t be helpful if you file a claim. Consider what it would cost to replace your furniture and personal items.
- Bundle your renters insurance with your car insurance. Any time you bundle insurance policies together, you can save across the board.
- Actively try to quit smoking. Many insurance providers offer a discount to nonsmokers since their homes have less of a fire risk.
- If the place you are renting has protective devices such as burglar alarms, ask an independent insurance agent if that qualifies you for discounts. Anything that reduces your risk can lead to potential insurance savings.
- So many residences have dead bolt locks that we sometimes forget to report them and lose out on a possible insurance discount. If your place does not have dead bolt locks, talk with your landlord today about having the maintenance crew install them.
- Go digital. Yes, you can save money if you stop receiving paperwork from your insurance agent through the mail. Not only is it more convenient for everyone, but it also protects you from someone stealing your mail and getting personal information.
Start today, or contact an insurance agent to learn about even more ways to save.